Vendor guide – Accepting BITG as payment for products or services
Thank you for your interest in accepting BITG as a payment method, and becoming part of the BITG Vendor network.
What is BITG?
BITG is the medium of exchange created by the BitGreen Foundation, that operates on the BitGreen Blockchain Protocol.
What do I need to start Accepting BITG in my Shopify business?
In order to start accepting BITG in your business, you will need the following.
- You will need to Have your own BITG Wallet, by Downloading the BitGreen Desktop Client.
- You will need to create a Cryptocurrencycheckout.com account in their website for Billing Integration.
- As this guide is meant for Shopify Vendors, you will need access to your Shopify Admin Dashboard
Getting your BITG wallet
Cryptocurrencycheckout.com is a bring your own wallet payment processing service, in that you will be the one managing the receiving address. You can create and manage your receiving address with the official BITG wallet.
1. Download The BitGreen Desktop Client for your System
a. You will need to go to https://github.com/bitgreen/bitgreen/releases, and select the right wallet for your operating system.
b. Once wallet is downloaded, you will then Unpack, and open up /BIN/ Folder, where you will find and run bitgreen-qt program.
c. Run wallet, and allow to sync. In the meantime that wallet fully syncs, you can still obtain a wallet address by pressing “Hide” on the sync menu, then going to the RECEIVE tab.
d. Input a name for your address under “Label”,
CryptocurrencyCheckout.com Payouts will work, for example, and click on
Create new receiving address button.
e. This will display the BITG address you just created. Save this address for use in CryptocurrencyCheckout.com Configuration.
2. Create a CryptocurrencyCheckout payment option in Shopify.
a. Log into your shopify merchant account Admin Dashboard.
b. Click on the Settings Gear in the bottom left.
c. Select “Payment Providers” from the available options.
d. Locate the “Manual Payment Methods” section located near the bottom.
e. Click on “Create Custom Payment Method”, and fill in the details to fit your stores needs.
f. Fill in the following:
- Name of the custom payment method: BITG CryptocurrencyCheckout
- Additional details: You can now pay for your order with BITG Cryptocurrency.
- Payment Instructions: To begin your Cryptocurrency Payment: Just click the “Pay Now With Cryptocurrency” Button located on the page. You will be taken to the CryptocurrencyCheckout.com Payment gateway to begin your payment.
g. Click Activate.
3. Setting up your Cryptocurrency Checkout Account.
b. Log into your Dashboard.
c. Click on the “New Connection” option.
d. Insert your store details.
e. Now find from the list BITG and input your wallet address created at step 1.e.
f. Leave blank other cryptocurrencies.
g. Click Submit.
h. Return to your Dashboard, then click “API Keys” tab on the left.
i. Generate Keys for your store, and save on a Notepad or other safe place for use in later steps.
j. In the dashboard, go to the Installation Scripts > Store Integrations and select “Shopify Store”
k. Paste the API key you saved earlier into the “Insert API Key” Section.
l. Click the “Generate Installation Scripts” button. Your installation script will be automatically generated for your store.
m. Copy and paste it into notepad or another text editor.
4. Installing Script into Shopify Store.
a. Return to your shopify Admin Dashboard.
b. Click on the “Settings” Gear in the bottom left.
c. Select “Checkout” from the available options.
d. Scroll down the page to the “Order Processing” Section, Find the “Additional Scripts” text input box, and paste the code you generated in Step 3.m.
e. Press Save.
And you’re ready to go!
We suggest you generate a test order on your store and go through the entire checkout process to make sure everything works correctly.